Floriani FWS1210 Wet N Stick Tearaway 12" X 10 Yd Stabilizer
Floriani Wet N Stick®
Wet N Stick® is offered in a tearaway version which comes plain or with one inch grid markings and a Cutaway version in black or white. This remarkable stabilizer is coated with a water activated, silicone based adhesive. It is an alternative to pressure sensitive "sticky" paper products and/or messy spray adhesives. Most home embroiderers have at some point experienced problems with peel and stick products gumming up their needles as well as the designs registration not lining up correctly. This happens because they mistake "paper" for stabilizer. The main differences between Wet N Stick® and these products are that Floriani's is a stabilizer not paper and the adhesive doesn't get sticky residue on the needle. The adhesive on Wet N Stick® can be re-activated multiple times for easy re-positioning of garments. Wet N Stick w/Grid is unique because it offers one-inch grid lines which are especially appealing for lining up cuffs and collars or border designs. The cutaway version of this product is available in black or white. Use Wet N Stick Cut away when you need to stick down a sweater knit or a bulky stretch garment such as a sweatshirt, chenille or fleece pullover. It is important to use a "cut away" stabilizer on non-stable fabrics such as knit for the best embroidery results.
Perfect for bulky items such as towels, robes and blankets
Use for fabrics and garments that get "hoop burn"
Use for hard to hoop items such as napkin corners, collars, cuffs, etc.
One layer of the tearaway version will support around 8,000 to 10,000 stitches on an average size, well digitized design (Cutaway 14,000)
To use Floriani Wet N Stick® Tear Away or Cut Away:
- Hoop one layer of the stabilizer, adhesive side up. Be sure the product is taut within the hoop. If using Wet N Stick® with a grid, line the grid marks up with the lines on your inner hoop.
- Apply a drop of water onto the stabilizer in each corner of the hoop as well as one in the center using a sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer (recommended, available at office supply stores). Remember that minimal water is required to activate the adhesive.
- Using the tip of your finger, smooth the drops of water over the surface of the stabilizer. You will feel the adhesive become tacky almost instantly.
- Press the garment into place and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Embroider your design. 600 stitches per minute or less is recommended. *Tip - If the design is denser than 8,000 to 10,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for designs size), float one layer of Floriani Medium Tearaway under the hooped item for each additional 10,000 stitches for added support! (This applies to the cutaway version as well. Use a max stitch count of 14,000 and float the Medium Tearaway if your design goes over this amount.)
- Once the design is complete, remove the hoop from your embroidery machine and tear or cut away the Wet N Stick® stabilizer. If the adhesive is holding on to the garment, reactivate it by applying moisture at the glue line. Once the adhesive is re-activated it will release the garment. The adhesive can be re-activated several times