Our Wallaby has a three-position airlift that holds most sewing machines comfortably and moves effortlessly up and down in a small footprint.
Kangaroo Sewing Furniture’s focus is to create an experience that will accommodate longer periods of time spent behind your sewing machine, with increased comfort. Cabinets are designed to allow for free arm and flat bed sewing, producing a flush sewing surface with a more ergonomic posture to sew in comfort and sew longer.
FEATURED BENEFITS-Sewing, Cutting, Quilting, Crafting Cabinet and Table, Includes Storage and Airlift
• Three-position hydraulic lift allows you to go between free arm, flat bed and storage positions
• Quilt leaf stored on back of cabinet keeps large projects from pulling or laying on the floor
• Convenient serger workspace and storage keeps machine within easy reach
• Designed to work with custom made machine insert increasing comfort and efficiency with a totally flush work surface
• Large lift opening to fit most large sewing machines on the market, up to 55 lbs. Wood panel over sewing well can cover machine in storage position increasing workspace
• Sturdy design with locking industrial casters for portability and stability, easy assembly
• Locking doors for safety and security
STORAGE and ORGANIZATION
• Caddy includes two drawers to store notions and other small materials
• Three door bins, one large and two small, for additional storage
• Complementary Kangaroo storage furniture is available
The lifter platform adjusts easily to all heights of machines for ease of free-arm and flatbed sewing, then down into storage inside the cabinet.
Your sewing machine will fit nicely on the lift while the space to the left of the cabinet offers room for a serger, a felting machine or even another sewing machine.
The Wallaby comes with a quilt leaf on the back of the cabinet that folds up or down and will help to expand your work area, preventing large quilts or large pieces of fabric from falling on the floor behind the cabinet.
An optional machine specific custom insert can be ordered for many sewing machine models.
This optional custom insert will provide a flush surface when your machine is in the flatbed position.
Three shelves feature 33 spool holders, a large drawer and door tray keep all your sewing accessories at hand and organized neatly.
Once your sewing project is complete, safely conceal and secure all your sewing notions, fabric and equipment by closing both doors and turning the key to lock them shut.
The Wallaby II is offered in a Teak or White melamine to complement any décor.
Kangaroo Kabinets - Wallaby II Sewing and Serger Cabinet in White
- Sew in any position. Our EZ-Lift gas strut mechanism lets you sew flatbed or free-arm at any height. Also provides easy, effortless storage with a simple push and now holds a 50 lbs. machine on large platform for sewing and embroidery machines up to 23-1/2” wide x 12-1/4” deep x 14-1/2” tall.
- Your sewing machine fits nicely on the lift leaving space to the left for a serger or additional work space.
- Your seam construction can be longer and straighter using the quilt leaf included with your Wallaby II preventing fabric from bunching on the floor and dragging your needle.
- New storage options with 3 shelves with 11 spool pins on each shelf, large wooden bin on the door plus a drawer in the cabinet. Your serger will store inside the cabinet on top of the drawer neatly and compactly.
- Full cabinet doors conceal the sewing machine and sewing accessories, quilt leaf folds up on back of cabinet, so when fully closed the cabinet is neat and compact. Turn your key in our new improved lock to secure all inside.
- New industrial style, locking casters for excellent portability and stability.
- Durable design with composite construction and wood grain melamine laminates and melamine edge bandings.
- White melamine laminate with matching interior and exteriors complement any décor.
- Assembly is a snap! Requires a standard screwdriver, adjustable wrench and hammer/mallet. Includes easy-to-follow instructions
- Ships in 4 cartons via UPS- cannot ship to PO Boxes. Shipping Weight: 170#’s
- Machine Specific inserts can be ordered separately and will arrive after you receive your cabinet-can take up to 4 weeks to manufacture.
- Curious if your sewing machine will fit in the cabinet? Double check your machine’s measurements with ours listed here. Measurements cannot exceed 23-1/2” W x 12-1/4” D x 14-1/2” t.
- Open: 70-5/8” wide x 59-7/8” deep (serger panel & quilt leaf extended) x 29-1/2” high
- Closed: 42-3/4” wide x 19” deep x 30-1/4” high
- Serger panel folds out 17” wide
- The the thread door panel that folds out is 28” wide
Cabinet Specifications for the Wallaby II Sewing and Serger Cabinet
- Closed Dimensions: 42-3/4” wide x 19” deep (front to back) x 30-1/4” tall
- Open Dimensions: 70-5/8” wide x 59-7/8” deep x 29-1/2” tall
- The opening and platform will accommodate sewing machines no larger than:
- 23-1/2 wide (left to right)*
- 12-1/4” deep (front to back)*
- 14-1/2" tall*
*Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of machine.
- Construction: Melamine/MDF/Composite
- Airlift Platform Weight Limit: 55 #s
- Custom Machine Insert Available
Sewing Machines That Do Not Fit Wallaby
This lists the sewing machines that Arrow knows will not fit into the Kangaroo Wallaby II model K8405 Teak and K8411 White available starting October 1, 2016.
Sewing Machines that are too large and do not fit this cabinet:
- Dream VX8500D
Elna 920 eXpressive
- eXpressive 920 (Same as Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000)
The machine fits the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.
These machines are ones that have known fit issues. Please be advised that this list will change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.
Closed Dimensions: 42-3/4” wide x 19” deep x 30-1/4” high
Open Dimensions: 70-5/8” wide x 5-7/8” deep (serger panel & quilt leaf extended) x 29-1/2” high
Large, beveled opening will fit sewing machines up to
23-1/2” wide x 12-1/4” deep x 13-7/8” tall and weighing up to 50 lbs.
Machine Specific inserts can be ordered separately and will arrive after you receive your cabinet-can take up to 4 weeks to manufacture.