(Freight) Shipping via Commercial Carrier
Agreement for Freight Line Deliveries
In order for your machine/cabinet order to go as smoothly as possible please read the following machine/cabinet order specifications and conditions:
- Assembled industrial machines with table and assembled sewing furniture will ship via freight truck line, NOT UPS or FedEx. Freight delivery cannot be expedited and does not apply for free shipping. Freight shipping charges are generally in the range of $150-299, depending on your location and type of delivery address. (No shipping method other than freight is applicable for these items, even if other methods show up in the shopping cart.) We will contact you about the freight shipping charges. You are also welcome to contact us after you have placed your order.
- Someone needs to be at the delivery address to receive and sign for the product when delivery takes place. The freight company will call you to inform you of the delivery date so that you can plan accordingly. Provide as many phone numbers as possible to ensure that the shipping company can contact you and let you know when your order will be delivered.
- Items that ship via LTL are not eligible for free shipping promotions or coupons.
- Provide as many phone numbers as possible to ensure that the shipping company can contact you and let you know when your order will be delivered.
- The delivery driver is not responsible for bringing the product inside your home, up or down any stairs, or into any particular room. Their responsibility is to deliver the product to the delivery address and unload it from their trailer. The driver's responsibility does vary slightly from state to state, but this is a good guideline to remember. Most of the time the driver will help you get it through the first door, or into a garage, but it is always better to have someone with you to help unload your delivery.
- Always inspect your shipment BEFORE signing for it. It is best to completely remove your shipment from its containers regardless of the condition of the box, inspect it thoroughly, assemble the product (if possible), and if it is damaged make a note of the damage on the delivery receipt, or repackage and decline delivery. When you sign the delivery receipt, it is a legal contract that states that you accepted the product in that condition. If opening or assembling is not possible at the time delivery is received, it is best to indicate "possible concealed damage" regardless of the condition of the box(es). This is very important because once you have signed for your shipment it is your responsibility if it is damaged.
- When you are contacted by the freight carrier to set up an appointment for the delivery of your order, you must keep this appointment, or you will be responsible for any applicable redelivery fees.
- Save your box and all packaging materials until you are satisfied that your product and all accessories are satisfactory . Attempting a return to the manufacturer for repair/replacement is nearly impossible without the proper boxes.
- Inserts for sewing cabinets are usually shipped out via UPS or Fed-Ex, and customarily do not arrive at the same time as your cabinet. Delivery on inserts can take up to a few additional weeks to provide for the time it takes to create your insert.
- Replacement of damaged product will occur when funds are received from the shipping company after the claim has been filed. Normal claim time is 4 to 6 weeks.
- Problems can always be solved more smoothly if the proper steps are followed. In order to ensure your satisfaction with your purchase, we need your cooperation with these guidelines.
- Residential delivery, 2 man delivery, special lift gate trucks or remote delivery may require an additional charge to any freight quotations given at the time of order. Sewing Machine Outlet, its suppliers and freight carriers may not know that your address is residential rather than commercial until the time of delivery, in which case additional charges may apply.
- Please contact Sewingmachineoutlet.com directly with any questions or if you need assistance.